Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011


Me: May I come in sir.
External: yeah come in and have you seat.
Me: thank you sir.
i signed over in the attendance column.
External: what are your favourite subjects?
Me: Engineering mechanics, Mechanics of solids, thermodynamics, heat transfer, thermal engineering 1 and 2, last but not least Production Technology :p
External: good choice. so from which subject should i ask?
Me: any of the subjects should be fine with me sir.
External: draw the otto cycle and describe the cycle
i finished the task with ease and was waiting for the next question.
E: you appeared for IIT?
M: yeah. i took my coaching from an institute (name withheld) :P
E: thats great. as far as i know students from that institute are geniuses and i hope you are one among them.
M: giggling. i left the institute after few months and joined other one.
E: why??
M: i couldn't cope with the pressure over there. so quit it.
E: why did you join that institute?
M: my dad felt i lacked discipline so he enrolled me over there.
E: what were the timings over there?
M: morning 4-8. i used to get up 3 am
E: interesting. what time do you get up now?
M: 7.30 AM sir.(with confidence)
E: WTF!! why so late?
M: my bus comes at 8.15 sir. so 45 mins is enough to get ready :P
i could see the external's face being pale over my reply. ;)
this conversation followed with another round of some intersting questions and finally after 9 minutes 45 seconds the external said

"YOUR COLLEGE GOT REPUTATION JUST BECAUSE YOUR BROTHERS ( ANNALU/SENIORS) DID VERY WELL AND GOT PLACED IN TOP MNC'S AND WITH STUDENTS OF CURRENT BATCH ENDING UP LIKE THIS I GUESS YOUR BROTHERS (TAMMULU/JUNIORS) WONT EVEN STAND A CHANCE TO GET PLACED."
Me: speaking in a higher tone " Sir, i have an aggregate of 67 odd and i am placed already in an MNC. I owe that success to my parents and friends but not my college. i give a damn to my college and its management."

After all the shit i have been through i was awarded a paltry 40 odd out of a possible 100 marks. i am not worried about the marks but am happy that i could speak out my mind infront of the people who taught me over the past four years. :)

i was later informed that the external was a prof in JNTU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment