Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tale of my Ancestors

well, this post maybe a bit boring for those who have no clue about our lost "lineage" :P . This was my attempt to trace my roots back. First i come from an orthodox brahmin community whose gotra is HARITHASA. Gotra is a sanskrit term which broadly refers to people who are descendants in an unbroken male line from a common male ancestor.
 
                         Harit/Harita was an ancient and great prince of the Suryavansha dynasty, best known because he is the ancestor of my Brahmin lineage, Harithasa gotra. Brahmins like me trace our origins our lineage to harita ;) :D This is unusual as most Brahmins are descended from ancient sages, whereas the Brahmins of Haritsa Gotra are descended from kshatriyas trained by the Brahmin Angirasa. This created, according to the Linga Purana, 'Brahmins' with the properties of Kshatriyas. to put it in a simple way, i am a brahmin who is a kshatriya by blood :D may be i can attribute my "never say die" attitude to this relation. ;) I am proud of the fact that the same lineage i was born with, i share it with Lord Rama and Buddha.

                        For the past 20 years i was lost in iniquity and even regretted being a brahmin, but after reading epics i preferred to come out of shadows and lead a life based on the ethics of my religion and try to surpass my predecessors in my own way. ;) :D

signing off!
the warrior priest :P

5 comments:

  1. Nice..BUt there is nothing to regret that you are a Brahmin dude !! Get out of that mindset

    ReplyDelete
  2. i came out of that mindset long time bro back after starting gita!! :) really a great experience it was reading GITA :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. now, i m sure it wasnt you whom i have seen in kfc the other day ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. KFC isn't a place that would suit me.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!! hallucination level 1 :P :P

    ReplyDelete